Anubias varieties are undemanding, easy to maintain, and grow well in mildly shaded areas of your tank. Anubias comes in a variety of shapes and sizes, and therefore can accommodate almost any sized tank. Their light and carbon dioxide demands are low, however increases in these parameters will result in faster growth. As rhizomatous plants they will grow best when attached to stones or wood with their rhizome and roots above the substrate. If you do wish to plant them directly into the substrate, avoid burying the rhizome to ensure your plant does not rot. These plants are easily propagated by dividing the rhizome into separate pieces. New growth will begin at leaf nodes along the rhizome, so ensure each piece has a minimum of two nodes. These plants will thrive both submerged in an aquarium or emersed in a terrarium.
Anubias barteri 'Coin Leaf':
- Has round, coin-shaped leaves that are a deep green
- Has large leaves where populations of invertebrates such as amano shrimp or snails to control algae growth are recommended
- Also known as Anubias barteri 'Round Leaf and Anubias barteri 'Golden Coin'
- Can be attached to a rock or piece of wood using thread, twist ties, zip ties, or super glue
- Is native to the riverbanks of West Africa
- CO2 injection and high quality aquarium substrate will increase growth
|Height:||15 - 25+ cm|
|Ideal pH:||6 - 7.5|
|Ideal Placement:||Mid to background|